August 9, 2012

Our #1 Marinade for Chicken

I found this Dijon Chicken Thigh recipe in my huge binder full of recipes I want to try.  I had a thing of chicken thighs in the freezer from when I bought them on sale so decided to use them on this recipe.  It was so good!  Kyle says he loves the Dijon mustard twang (which is hard to believe since he "hates" mustard).  I think we made these 4 times in 2 weeks.  It can be used on regular chicken, too.  You don't need thighs.

It's the chicken on the left...on the right is a Greek marinade which is good too!

Dijon Grilled Chicken Thighs
1 1/2 - 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
4 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried parsley (I added more)
1 Tbsp salt (don't think I used this much)
1 tsp pepper
1/3 c Dijon mustard
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar (don't think I used this much)
1/4 c olive oil
1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary (we've tried it with and without and like it better without)

Combine all ingredients except for chicken.  Mix well.  Pour over chicken and let marinate for 1 hour or overnight.  Remove chicken from marinade and grill until done.  Enjoy!

And for those thinking the Greek chicken looks good...

Very Greek Grilled Chicken
1/2 c olive oil (don't think I used this much)
1/3 c fresh squeezed lemon juice (have used lemon concentrate before)
1 tsp lemon zest (omit if don't have)
1 tsp Greek seasoning
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp dried oregano
pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Pour over chicken and let marinate for 1 hour or overnight. Remove chicken from marinade and grill until done. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I'm loving all your marinades!! I'm definitely going to have to try these and your pork one! :)