March 6, 2012

(half of) The Nursery Revealed

We finished another small section of Kallie's room.  At this pace, we may be done by the time she's 6 months.  But we will get there eventually.

Remember this?


Well, Kyle sanded and painted the dresser white.  I wanted some type of stencil or color on it besides the hardware.  I found this stencil at Hobby Lobby and put Kyle to work, again.



I found a cute canvas print at Garden Ridge to put above the dresser (in place of the mirror I was going to use) but the picture looked a little too small.  So Kyle came up with a brilliant idea of putting a frame around it.  Since I have open frames above the crib, I thought it would blend nicely.  Well, we couldn't find a frame in the exact size we needed, so we made our own.  I think Kyle did a great job!



And, the finished products put together.  I opted for the black frame to blend with the stencil, plus there are so many different whites, it is hard to match.  I also love having the green in there making the pink not so overpowering.  It also pulls the green out of the baby bedding.


And all (one side) of the nursery together.


I am very happy with how it all has turned out.  And I can finally put away everything that has been laying on the floor the past few weeks.  Now if I could only get the other side of the room put together.

2 comments:

Allison said...

It's so gorgeous!! Congrats! :)

Jocelyn Jacobs said...

The nursery looks great! Your craftiness and my brother's willingness to do makes for a super cute nursery. Way to go bro, I'm super impressed!