January 18, 2012

Pregnant Posse

I say pregnant posse but really it was just me and my friend. :)  This past weekend Mindy and Sean came to see us in Oklahoma!  Well, stopped by to see us after a residency interview but I'm so glad I got to see them.  I've known Mindy since middle school from my Frisco years, and she is truly a wonderful wonderful person.  And she married the most fantastic guy to fit her.  The exciting thing is that she is pregnant about 3 weeks behind me and she's having a girl!  It has been so fun to swap stories, advice that we've heard, even names.  Just kidding, we wouldn't do that to our parents.

We had such a fun time catching up and laughing.  I don't have any pictures of us yet because my camera was out of battery (reminder to me to always put it on the charger) but Mindy got some with her camera, so I will post those when I get them.

I also tried out a new recipe I found off Pinterest.  It is a take on Outback's Alice Spring Chicken.  It was delicious!  I would definitely make it again.  Find the recipe here.

So I don't leave the blog void of any pictures, I'll showcase the crafty things my brother and sister-in-law have done.

My brother made a desk divider for all the paper, pencils, post-its, etc for Melissa's desk.  I could sure use something like this for our junk drawer.  If you want the tutorial, here is where he got the idea.


And Melissa made a Linen Pinboard.  I think this is such a cute idea and looks great with the maroon ribbon.  I might need to discuss with her how to make the perfect bow.  That looks pretty darn perfect!  I also really like the calendar they have with pictures of people on their actual birthdays or anniversaries instead of just writing it in...idea for the future.  Here is the tutorial for Melissa's project.

No comments: