December 19, 2011

Still Growing...

I made it to 22 weeks!  I can't believe I am already over halfway.



Two weeks ago I wore maternity jeans for the first time, and last week I wore maternity work pants...man, are those things comfortable.  I don't know what I was waiting on. It is really nice to not feel like a stuffed sausage in regular clothes.

Thankfully, some generous friends donated to my maternity closet so I haven't purchased too much in way of clothes, but I did go shopping this past weekend.  I found some good stuff but was pretty surprised at the lack of variety at most stores.  And a lot of department stores only have a very small section of maternity clothes.  This could also be that I only shop at places I have coupons and don't want to spend a ton of money for 4 months of wear.  I may be regretting that later when I start labeling my clothes "Monday outfit", "Tuesday outfit", etc so I don't wear the same thing in the same week, but for now I'm happy with what I have. 

Kyle has gotten to feel our baby girl kick a few times.  It is fun to see his reaction, and hopefully it makes it a more real experience for him.  I'm still so in awe of God, the Creator, and the miracle of a growing baby.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!  We are definitely looking forward to spending time with family.

No comments: