August 21, 2014

Hiking Alyeska

Down at Alyeksa, there is a trail to a hand tram.  The hike was about 3 miles to the tram, though not strenuous or hiking up a mountain.  Kyle carried Kallie on the way there - she did great in her backpack.  Once at the tram, we went across and let Kallie out to hike a bit more on that trail.  I do have to say I was a bit nervous crossing the gorge.  My stomach dropped a little.  Once on the other side, Kallie took the lead.  She said "Follow me" and took off.  She even told us to watch out for the mud.


I videoed us going back across the gorge.  It's actually really hard to commentate video.  And I was really worried about dropping my phone.


I carried Kallie on my back for the 3 miles back to our car.  Definitely a bit different workout with a 30 lb child on your back.  It was a very pretty hike and something I see us doing again and again. 

No comments: